Today I am participating in a blog hop. There are ten bloggers who are all writing on one of a few subject options, and we are linking to each other’s blog.
It’s always fun to get to know the blogger behind the blog, so when I was presented with the subject idea of 10 things you may not know about me, I thought it would be fun. Now some of you may already know some of these things, but hopefully it gives you a little more insight to who I am!
- I was born and raised in Southwest Florida along the Gulf Coast. Going through as many hurricane seasons as I have, I am a little paranoid when it comes to my emergency prep. At the bottom of this post you can download a free checklist for your in-home emergency kit.
- I have never dyed my hair. Ok, I put some red wash-out dye in it for school pep rallies, but that’s it. I don’t do anything special to my hair. Just wash it, brush it, and go!
- As much as a girl would be fun, I am glad I am a boy-mom. I don’t know if I could handle having a girl, but I’m still holding out hope that my sister decides to try for another baby and has a girl this time! We have 4 boys under age 4 between the two of us.
- I am a little crazy when it comes to my photos and the backups. Every month I do a backup of my photos to multiple places. A hard drive in the safe, a hard drive in my desk, and to my dropbox account. If you don’t have it in 3 places, you don’t have it!
- Houston is the farthest NORTH I have ever lived. I love the warm weather and don’t do well in the cold. I’m fine with the excruciating summers because it also means a mild winter.
- When I was younger I wanted to be many things including an architect, a meteorologist, a top fuel NHRA driver, and an air traffic controller.
- During high school I was in so many clubs and activities, but the best was playing on the Varsity Girls Golf Team all four years in high school.
- My best friend has been my best friend since I was about 3 days old. She has been there longer than my little sister, and is basically my other sister. She has been on most of our family trips with us and always went camping with us. In high school we were inseparable. Now, funnily enough, we both live in Texas!
- I met my husband playing Ultimate Frisbee with a group of people who played on campus at University of Central Florida…. at midnight! Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary!!
- Inside my seemingly-tough exterior, I can be really sensitive about things sometimes. I try to keep my emotions to myself, but after a while I can’t control it and they burst through.
Other fabulous bloggers you can check out for similar posts:
Haley at The Life and Lies of an Inanimate Flying Object
Cathy at A Boy and His Mom
Shelby at Fit as a Mama Bear
Kandice at A Cotton Kandi Life – Freebie! 7 Online Money Makers for WAHM
Megan at Our Poetic Chaos
Maria at Dapper House Designs
Stephanie at You Are My Son Shine – Freebie! Home Emergency Checklist
Lilly at Moonbeams on the Path
Kimberly at Wildflower Four –
Amanda at Easy On The Tongue – Freebie! Nursery Printable