There’s always that time between meals that we get a little hungry, and reach for a snack. But have you taken a look at the snacks you are reaching for? So many of the typical snacks are filled with all kinds of things that we don’t like to put in our bodies. I have compiled a quick list of some easy healthy snacks for you to try next time you need a little something between meals.
- Fresh fruit: strawberries, a banana, some cantaloupe, watermelon, etc.
- Hummus with fresh vegetables or whole-grain crackers
- Cottage cheese topped with berries
- Yogurt (can also be topped with berries or granola)
- Granola bars or cereal bars
- Whole-grain crackers with some low-fat cheese slices
- Sliced tomato with feta cheese and olive oil
- Homemade oatmeal
- Nuts and dried fruit
- Whole-wheat toast with a fried egg white
- Air-popped popcorn
- Apple slices with peanut or almond butter
- Hard-boiled egg
These may not be quite as tasty as some of the other snack you sometimes reach for, but they are much better for you. Many of these are snacks that you could pack and easily bring to work or school with you to grab on the go.